Pages

Sunday, July 09, 2006

World Cup Musings...

Zidane, you twit! You head a soccer ball, not the Italian player next to you! What a way to end the last game of your career...

Like loads of people in the area, I tried to follow the World Cup as much as I could. Unlike some however, I couldn't leave work to watch a lot of the games.... I relied on the Emirates MatchCasts provided by Yahoo! (pretty much all play-by-play).

Glad to see Germany do as well as they did. Better luck in South Africa, USA...

I feel a little bit of a letdown now that it's all over...

Now I know I'm in a minority being a Filipino-American Soccer fan. Well... the Philippine National team is the laughingstock of Asia (We're Basketball partisans anyway). I got hooked onto the Game while studying in Europe. An article in Friday's USA today provides interesting insight as to why my fellow Americans don't take to Soccer.

No comments: