Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2005

The Governor's Turn...

"We all know that there were failures at every level of government: state, federal and local. At the state level, we must take a careful look at what went wrong and make sure it never happens again. The buck stops here, and as your governor, I take full responsibility," Blanco told lawmakers in a special meeting of the Louisiana Legislature.

On the heels of president Bush's admission, Governor Blanco of Louisiana takes responsibility for her part in the aftermath of Katrina. I shall thank you for doing so as well...

(There are people in the audience that will say "Well, she only did it because Bush did..." I personally am glad to hear one, no matter who did it and when.) I give her the same charge as I've given the President in my previous post. And I'll leave it for others to determine of she'll hold true to that or not.

In other news: A new(?) take on "Who's on First" by former FEMA director Brown. (and no, of course... It's not a comedy...)

No comments: